This week at The Emperors Medicine, we are helping you to Get to Know Your Thyroid!
What is a Thyroid?
Your thyroid is a butterfly shaped gland that is about two inches long, located in the front of your throat. Your thyroid belongs to the endocrine system within your body. The endocrine system is made up of glands, which store, produce and release hormones into the bloodstream. Your thyroid, uses iodine, to produce two major hormones: Triiodothyronine (T3) and Thyroxine (T4). The main role of the thyroid is to regulate your metabolism and keeping it in control.
There are many diseases and disorders pertaining to the thyroid which can result from many causes. Thyroid disease is not picky and can develop at any age. In most cases, the cause of thyroid disease are abnormal thyroid growth, nodules on or within the thyroid, cancer, and/or too little or too much thyroid hormones being produced.
Most Common Symptoms of Thyroid Disorders:
· Fatigue: When you wake up and you feel like you need more sleep. Then you get home and you make a meal that is easy to chew and you are so tired that you can’t take your clothes off, so you sleep in your clothes.
· Low Body Temperature: Cold all of the time. You are wearing three layers, including long underwear and socks to bed. You are colder than your 92 year old granny.
· Skin Issues: You put lotion on and it makes a sucking sound, and your skin is “ashy” a lot of the time.
· Slow Digestion: Your tummy has slowed down to a metabolism that is slower than a three toed sloth.
· Weight Gain: The pounds seem to come on as soon as you think about food. Then you diet and exercise for a while and only lose one millionth of a pound.
· Depression: This is no laughing matter. Come to think of it, the last time that you really felt on top of the world was around Y2K.
· Doctors: Yes, you read that correctly, DOCTORS. You have been to plenty of them and no matter what they do, you still feel bad. Then they tell you that perhaps it is because you are a woman or you just need a good vacation (like a year or two). Your blood work shows that you are borderline for thyroid disease, but the doctor says that you do not have thyroid disease, though you have symptoms.
If any of this is a part of your everyday life it is not normal and more than likely, things will become worse down the road if you do not address the issue NOW.
Here at The Emperor’s Medicine, an Integrative Medicine Clinic, we have been turning lives around by helping patients reach optimal wellness. Dr. Gary is a T3 Certified Functional Medicine Practitioner who has implemented individualized Functional Medicine programs to reverse thyroid disorders in numerous patients. Dr. Selma, has been restoring the lives of those with thyroid disorders using a combination of oriental medicine and acupuncture. Both practitioners work closely together with the use of state of the art laboratory testing to implement a successful program that is unique to each patient. Because of them, many people have changed their lives and avoided having their thyroid removed.
Want To Find Out More? Turn Your Thyroid Health Around with Dr. Gary Tennant will take place at The Emperor's Medicine Wednesday, August 22, 2018 at 7pm, seating is limited so call the office to reserve your spot now!
There is no reason to continue to live in misery! Call The Emperor’s Medicine at 630-428-9001 to schedule your limited time, discounted consultation with our practitioners.